Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rest Well, Toot. You Did A Fine Job. We'll take it from here ...


This was the post on one of my favorite blogs today ... margaretand helen (best friends for 60 years and counting)

My grandmother made the best cinnamon rolls. As much as I try, I cannot repeat her perfection. She never really understood why I wanted a different kind of life than the one she had, but that didn’t seem to matter. She still made me cinnamon rolls every week.
The best tribute we can give to Barack Obama right now (in addition to our vote) is to remember our Grandmothers and why we love them.
Please share your favorite Grandmother memory below.
(And if you didn’t like your Grandmother this is not the place to share. Go write those memories on that horrible Dr. Laura’s website. I read somewhere that she didn’t like her grandmother either.)
Rest well Toot. You did a fine job. We’ll take it from here. I mean it. Really.

I never thought I got along with my grandmother, but now I realize that she was a gift to me, an example of strength, and quite a bold, old broad. I have four sons ~ just like her. I love to cook ~ just like her. I can be an ornery devil ~ just like her. :) I just wanted to give Granny a "shout-out" today. Just like Obama's grandmother, Toot, I know she is busy keeping an eye on me today, too.

GO VOTE!

No comments: