Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gracie Is Very Thankful and Very Bad!

Who can resist Thanksgiving food? Not me! And, it is EVERYWHERE! I couldn't wait any longer ... I had to have turkey and deli turkey would not do ... I wanted to slave over it, smell it for hours and hours, and culminate the beautiful sensory experience with my very favorite hot turkey sandwich loaded with stuffing, mashed potatos, and cranberry sauce. It's still a little early for the Thanksgiving "meal", but not too early for a small indulgence just to satisfy my holiday food addiction.
Everything was coming together right on time ... I got everything out and fixed Kayla a plate (before soccer practice). About that time, Dad got home with some groceries, so I scooted out to the garage to help him get the bags in. Are you sensing disaster?
Yes! Utter and complete disaster! It was our very own "A Christmas Story" moment. My very calm and laid back daughter walks out to the garage and asks, "Did you know Gracie has the turkey?" "WHAT????", I screamed. "I took it away from her", Kayla says, "but there's just a little left." "WHAT????", I'm screaming as I run back inside. I enter the kitchen to find the small, gnawed up remains of my succulent, delicious, little turkey breast. I could have just cried! I'm not a quitter though ... and with my ultimate turkey sandwich controlling my mind, I cut off all the sides ... sadly enough, not because the dog had eaten there, but just because there was dog hair all over it ... I considered washing the whole thing off in the sink, but decided against that. When I finally finished "cleaning" what was left of the turkey, I had enough to fit in the palm of my hand ... and I had to share it ... with Dad & Brad. Fortunately, Kayla left for soccer before she could eat hers, so the little boys split it. Bad dog, Gracie! Bad dog!!!! In case you're wondering, Gracie did not find any of it to be a very big deal ... not at all.

Today, I refuse to fix anything that takes longer or is more trouble than PopTarts. Cereal and microwave popcorn for everyone!

1 comment:

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

OMG!!!!! Bad Dog!

At least your house smelled good!! :-)